Well, I told you about Wednesday night and how well Austin slept. Thursday night was even better. I fed him at 11:30 and had to wake him at 6:45. That's the time I want to get us used to for when I go back to work. He grunted and protested like a teenager when I went to get him up! I messed it up last night though! We're visiting Jason's parents and being in a different environment and sleeping in the pack 'n play instead of the crib (not elevated on one end) had him congested again. Being the neurotic mom that I am, when I heard him snorting and grunting I began worrying that he couldn't breathe. I could not sleep from then on. This began at 3:45. If he wasn't snorting, I thought he wasn't breathing. If he was making noises, it was proof he couldn't breathe. I repeatedly got up to check on him. Then at almost 5, he was squirming and grunting and trying to get his hand free and out from under the covers. I stupidly tried to help him, which only woke him up. Once he was awake, he decided he was hungry so he ate at 5am. I feel sure that if I had just left him alone he would have slept through the night again.
The moral of the story... Don't disturb the sleeping baby!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mary, I did the same thing a few times. Don't worry about it. I think all new parents think the worst.
Joe
Post a Comment