Thursday, July 24, 2008

Swaddling

We had been having trouble last week and the week before with Austin getting overstimulated and then not wanting to fall asleep. One of my friends reminded me of swaddle blankets. We had been wrapping him in receiving blankets, but had forgotten about the one's made to velcro in place where he can't wiggle out. (I had put the four swaddle blankets that we had in a drawer where they'd be easy to find, then never used that drawer). Anyway, since last Wed. we've been swaddling him for almost every nap, and he seems to sleep so much better. I've included a picture of him all "snuggled" as Jason says. Well that's what he says when he's not calling it a straight jacket.


Apparently, Austin heard Jason calling it a straight jacket and has now decided to be an escape artist. I just went in to peak at him after he finished fussing and sounded like he was asleep and this is what I found...

No comments: