Monday, May 19, 2008

Nesting

I didn't think that this "nesting instinct" that everyone kept talking about was going to hit me, but it did. On Saturday, Jason and I went shopping and bought the rest of our baby essentials. Once we got home I couldn't stop until I had everything set up, all the baby's laundry washed, folded and put away in just the right spot. Who knows if the places I decided would be the right ones will be once I actually need to get to things. I also felt the need to dust the ledge that runs around the ceiling level of the baby's room. Jason wouldn't let me (because I would have to climb on a ladder). He promises to take care of that chore, but it was driving me crazy because I "needed" to do it right then. I think I also drove Jason crazy, because I had to watch him as he helped me to make sure he was putting things in the right place! As if I really know where that is! Thankfully, he's been reading some of the books and told me he realized I was"building a nest". I was telling him that I felt like everything needed to be perfect for the baby... he told me that wasn't possible, but we'd do the best we can. I'm so lucky to have such a sweet understanding husband, because I'm sure my hormonal rationale is a challenge for him. Needless to say, we got out of the house on Sunday so I wouldn't start round two!

No comments: